Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bloggomania

This course is going to be a real challenge - I only heard about blogs last year. The rest of the topics had unfamiliar names as well, so this will be a big learning curve, but a necessary one.

Blogs have a very useful place in libraries to display information, and update this information so that it is a very current resource. Library workers need to keep up with the new technologies as many patrons rely on our help to explain and help them cope. Very soon instead of helping patrons to create an email account, we will be helping them to blog!

I am looking forward to the rest of the topics so that I won't have that blank look on my face when I am asked a technologically-challenged question by a patron or even someone outside of work. I will be able to "talk the talk".

I wish everyone good postings!

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

It's good that you are keen to keep up with technology.

Pat